Prince Charles has tested positive for Coronavirus for the SECOND time and is self-isolating, Clarence House has confirmed.
Prince Charles has Covid again and has been forced to self-isolate for a second time.
The Prince of Wales has pulled out of royal engagements after testing positive.
This royal news comes as Prince Charles’ private call with Prince Harry to break news over Queen’s huge decision is reported.
Prince Charles has contracted Coronavirus for the second time and has been forced to cancel his royal engagements to self-isolate.
Clarence House issued a statement on Twitter to confirm that the Prince of Wales has been forced to cancel his official engagements as a result.
The statement, reads, “This morning The Prince of Wales has tested positive for COVID-19 and is now self-isolating.
“HRH is deeply disappointed not to be able to attend today’s events in Winchester and will look to reschedule his visit as soon as possible.”
This morning The Prince of Wales has tested positive for COVID-19 and is now self-isolating.
HRH is deeply disappointed not to be able to attend today’s events in Winchester and will look to reschedule his visit as soon as possible.
— The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall (@ClarenceHouse) February 10, 2022
Prince Charles was pictured attending a reception to celebrate the British Asian Trust at the British Museum yesterday (9th February) in London, England.
The British Asian Trust, a charity that works to reduce poverty and disadvantage for communities in South Asia, was founded in 2007 by Prince Charles, Prince of Wales but it’s not clear whether Camilla is isolating too.
High profile guests included Home Secretary Priti Patel, former Liverpool footballer Ian Rush, and Chancellor Rishi Sunak, who was there with his wife Akshata Murthy.
Following his recovery at the time, he said he “got away with it quite lightly” and only experienced mild symptoms.
Speaking to Sky News in June 2020 about his first positive Covid case, he said, “I was lucky in my case… but I’ve had it, and I can so understand what other people have gone through.”
Prince Charles had been due to unveil a statue to Licoricia of Winchester later on Thursday but he won’t be attending now.
Clarence House confirmed the prince is triple vaccinated, but is yet to confirm whether he has been in physical contact with the Queen recently.
His latest diagnosis has sparked a mixed reaction from fans. One tweeted, “Sorry to hear that Prince Charles has tested positive again,but unfortunately this is the risk you take if you don’t wear a face-covering during a pandemic. It is also not setting a good example or showing any consideration for the vulnerable.”
Another fan said, “2nd time…? recover well Prince Charles best wishes to you and Family”
And a third added, “Sorry to hear this. I hope you have a speedy recovery and feel better soon. I hope your mum The Queen is safe and hasn’t been infected.”
A last night’s event, Charles used his pet name for wife Camilla, which means “darling” or “beloved” in Urdu, he said in a speech, “I cannot quite believe it is almost two years to the day that both my Mehabooba and myself were able to be with all of you to celebrate the work of the British Asian Trust.
“Since then, across the globe, there has been terrible loss of life from this dreadful pandemic and we have especially seen the devastating impact throughout south Asia.”
The post Prince Charles has Covid and is self-isolating for a SECOND time, Clarence House confirms appeared first on GoodtoKnow.